Permits from the 2016-2017 academic year expire on August 27, 2017. In partnership with Public Safety, requests for a parking permit are now being accepted online. In an effort to help relieve some of the parking stress experienced last year, the following changes are being implemented:
- Parking Permits will be hang-tags instead of stickers. Only one permit will be issued per person and can be moved between registered vehicles.
- Parking permits will be assigned by campus (Main/Priory).
- An option has been added for a single semester permit verses only the annual permit, as well as an evening-only designation, to provide additional data on parking needs.
- Previously designated faculty/staff spaces will be removed. The only restriction for main campus general permit holders will be a section of the EAST LOT reserved for main resident permit holders.
- The shuttle will move to a continuous “Pace-like” format, with multiple shuttles running during peak periods and regular trips to Lake & Harlem for Green Line & Metra riders. A shuttle-tracker feature is being added to the DU Mobile App. For early morning arrivers, prior to 7:45am you can request a shuttle by calling Public Safety at 708-524-5999.
- See the WID or Public Safety for guest parking.
One of our main goals is to have parking available to students throughout the day. To do this, we need to make full use of the parking at the Priory and public transportation options. Off campus parking options are also being explored, as well as identifying opportunities to add parking spaces.
For additional information, please refer to the Public Safety Parking Page on myDU.
To begin the application process, click here: https://dominican.tfaforms.net/217806
- You will need your vehicle’s make, model, and license plate number.
- Once your application is submitted you will be directed to an online payment option or you can make a cash or check payment in person at Student Accounts.
- A case will be created for you and updates sent via email from the Support Center
Thank you for your patience and support as we work through these new procedures.